Thursday 5 September 2019

Getting Your Life on Track


It’s always a great idea to get your house in order if you’re looking to right the track of your life. What I mean by this, mostly, is that it’s tough to stay on track regarding health, fitness, diet, good habits, and other things like hygiene if you have a messy home littered with all kinds of stuff.


Oftentimes, I’ve found that the two parallel each other in my life. When I’m letting my diet slip, drinking more, working out less, and being lazy when it comes to washing my clothes, well, my apartment reflects that. And in a way, it should. Why would someone have a spotless home if the rest of their life was falling apart or pretty lazy?

Recently, I’ve begun getting everything back on track. I’ve changed up my diet drastically (much for the better). I’ve started to run long distance at least 3 days a week. And my mental health and sleeping schedule has been realigned to fit the rest of my daily routines.

However, I’ve noticed that our apartment is still somewhat messy at times. I’d of course far rather have everything in my life to be healthier than have a spotless apartment, so I’m glad that the former is on track. But I feel if I don’t clean up my home some, I’ll start to slip back into those bad tendencies that can foster unhealthy habits.

So, my solution is to get things in order around the house. That can mean a lot of things, really, but cleanliness is a big one, and so is organization.


Luckily, I’ve got some old packaging supplies from my wife’s dad, meaning it’s easy for us to pack up the things that are strewn about and can be thrown in the basement as storage. Just as well, it’ll help to put to rest a lot of the clothes we don’t wear that still happen to find themselves laying around our room upstairs.

All it takes to enact this sort of change is a will, some time, and the right materials. Thankfully, we’ve got all the time in the world, a drive to change everything for the better, and packaging supplies suited for the job. Not much else is needed except for a little effort during the evenings to get the place cleaned up.

Just remember: it’s good to have both your home and your life on track if you want each of the two to be in good shape. Let one slip, and the other probably will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment